“Rehabilitation of the dumpsite and the installation of a composting plant in Patmos Island” will be financed by the Operational Programme ‘Environment and Sustainable Development’.
The application was prepared by the Municipality of Patmos in cooperation with EPTA SA .
It includes the closure and rehabilitation of the dumpsite and aims at establishing integrated municipal solid waste management in the Municipality of Patmos in accordance with the guidelines of the European Commission and 98/2008 Directive, which encourages the source separation of the organic material.
More specifically, the project has the following main’ objectives:
- To protect public health, safety, and the environment from the uncontrolled disposal
- To organize the collection and management of the organic materials with innovative methods
- To increase public awareness regarding the importance of the organic material separation at source.
The project consists of the following activities :
- Implementation of technical studies for the rehabilitation of the dumpsite
- Rehabilitation of the dumpsite
- Supply of equipment for composting
- Dissemination activities