Energy data are crucial for identifying priority sectors, tailoring energy policies and effectively designing and promoting energy efficiency interventions and renewable energy installations.
To facilitate access to energy data, the Data Access Guidebook for Sustainable Energy Action Plans has been developed within the framework of DATA4ACTION (a project co-funded by the "Intelligent Energy Europe” programme of the European Commission) for:
- Public Authorities that are seeking better access to local and accurate energy data within their territory for use in sustainable energy planning;
- Energy Planning Facilitators wishing to support the development of advanced collaboration models between public authorities and data providers, such as a Regional Data Centre or an Energy Observatory; and
- Energy Data Providers willing to play a positive role in the development and implementation of regional and local energy policies.
The Guidebook aims to support these actors to:
- Identify and access reliable and accurate energy data in each region / territory;
- Develop and implement win-win collaboration models in energy data sharing;
- Establish a Regional Energy Data Centre that provides data services to public authorities for sustainable energy planning;
- Develop policies supporting energy data sharing for sustainable energy planning.
- Develop and monitor Sustainable Climate and Energy Action Plans; and
- Engage with regional and local stakeholders during the preparation and monitoring phases of such plans in order to get their buy-in and support, thereby ensuring measurable, long-term benefits in each territory.
The Data Access Guidebook can be downloaded in Greek here.