The Sanitary Landfill and Compost Unit of the Municipality of Tinos was approved as eligible project for funding in the Operational Program “Infrastructure, Transport, Environment & Sustainable Development 2014-2020″ (NSRF) with a total budget of 7.301.192,02€.
The project includes the following:
- construction of a Sanitary Landfill with a capacity of approximately 84,000 m3 with a lifespan of 25 years,
- construction of a Composting Unit with a capacity of 300tn/year for the separately collected organic and green waste,
- improvement of part of the existing access road with a total length of 2.790m,
- procurement of appropriate equipment for the organization of a network for organic waste separate collection and the promotion of composting at the household,
- acquisition of the required land,
- connection of the facilities with networks,
- required archaeological work,
- recruitment of a Technical Advisor.
Expected benefits from the implementation of the project:
- environmentally sound management of municipal solid waste,
- protection of public health and natural resources,
- possibility of utilizing the produced compost.
EPTA SA (www.epta.gr) participated as a leading partner of a Joint Venture for the technical design studies and provided the support in technical issues for the project funding in the framework of NSRF 2014 – 2020.