The Municipality of Milos successfully secured funding from the Operational Program “Infrastructure, Transport, Environment & Sustainable Development 2014-2020″ for the implementation of “INTEGRATED SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT ACTIONS”. The total budget is 5.333.299 €.
In particular, the funding supports the implementation of the following projects:
- Sanitary Landfill Site for the disposal of non-hazardous solid waste. Its minimum capacity will be 100.380 m3 and minimum lifetime 20 years.
- Improvement of the access road to the sanitary landfill site. The total length of the two parts to be improved is 6,43 km.
- Acquisition of land for the construction of the sanitary landfill.
- Composting facility with a capacity of 300 tn/year for the separately collected organic and green waste.
- Equipment for the development of bio-waste collection program.
- Public environmental awareness campaign.
In this context, EPTA S.A. has implemented the required Solid Waste Management Plan of Milos, which is a prerequisite for the successful implementation of integrated solid waste management in the island.