The Municipality of Leros successfully obtained funding by the Operational Program “Infrastructure, Transport, Environment & and Sustainable Development 2014-2020″ for the implementation of “INTEGRATED SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT ACTIONS” of total budget 4.640.862 € for the island of Leros. In particular, the funding supports the implementation of the following projects:
- Sanitary Landfill Site of capacity of 110.00 m3 and lifetime of 20 years for the disposal of non-hazardous solid waste in the Municipality of Leros.
- Access road to the sanitary landfill site. The total length of the two parts to be improved is 1,9 km.
- Acquisition of land for the construction of the sanitary landfill of the island of Leros.
- Composting facility of capacity of 300 tn/year for the separately collected organic and green waste (and max capacity of 650 tn/year).
- Solid Waste Transfer Station of capacity of 4,9 tn/day.
- Equipement for the development of bio-waste collection program for the municipality of Leros.
- Public environmental awareness campaign.
Ιn this context, EPTA S.A. has implemented the required Solid Waste Management Plan of Leros and the Environmental Permitting and Technical Design Study of the project, which are prerequisites for the successful funding of the project.