European Commission is organizing this year in Greece and in all EU countries the European Business Awards for the Environment 2013-2014.
Following the evaluation procedure, 12 Greek companies / bodies were proposed for the award, since they were distinguished for their environmental actions and performance.
The Panhellenic Association of Environmental Protection Companies (PASEPPE) coordinates for the fifth time the evaluation as well as the awarding procedure of the European Business Awards for the Environment, in cooperation with representatives from academic institutions, industries and scientific institutions under the auspices of the Greek Ministry of Environment, the Ministry of Development and the Ministry of Interior.
The 12 companies / bodies that were distinguished for their environmental performance and actions will officially be awarded in a ceremony that will be held in May 2014 in Athens.
EPTA S.A Environmental Consultants-Engineers (www.epta.gr) was awarded the Prize of Environmental Awareness in the “Greek Awards for the Environment.” Specifically, EPTA S.A was awarded for its “Integrated environmental awareness actions at national and European level.”
EPTA was awarded the prize since the company’s practices have contributed to the promotion of sustainable development, social awareness and mobilization of citizens in environmental protection issues in the last 10 years. Briefly EPTA promotes:
- The principles of sustainable development through the implementation of innovative environmental programs / studies, such as LIFE – Environment and Intelligent Energy Europe (IEE).
- Social awareness and mobilization of citizens in environmental protection through innovative programs, which include specific awareness actions, such as:
- Creation of Special Web Media Target Audience
- Brochures for a variety of thematic areas (waste, tourism, energy saving, natural environment)
- Organization of technical meetings
- Organization of Open Meetings for Public Consultation
- ‘Door to door’ communication with the public.
- The principles of sustainable development within company’s operation, since EPTA is implementing an Environmental Management System ISO 14001 with environmental indicators and measurable results and has invested in headquarters with environmentally friendly features (BEMS, photovoltaic, ‘Eco’ Lift etc).
Among the companies that were shortlisted for the awarding of the “European Business Awards for the Environment” several Greek companies were proposed to the European Commission in order to distinguish among the largest companies in Europe, for the European Business Awards for the Environment.