The project aimed to the development of a Municipal Plan/ Strategy for the solid waste management of the Municipality of Penteli (population size of about 35.000) in Attica Region after the 2/10/2014 formal request of the Regional Authority. The Municipal Waste Management Plan of Penteli, implemented by EPTA Environmental Engineers-Consultants, is the first municipal solid waste plan to be submitted according to the contents and provisions of the ‘Guide for the study of municipal waste management plans’ issued by Attica waste management Authority ‘ΕΔΣΝΑ’.
The principal actions/projects of the Municipal Plan of Penteli are the following:
- Central Green Point and several small Collection Points.
- Waste prevention and Re-use Activities.
- Household Composting.
- Bio waste Selection at Source System.
- Cooking Oil Selection at Source System.
- Paper waste Selection at Source System.
- Bulky waste Selection at Source System.
- Green waste Selection at Source System.
- Reinforcing Actions for Packaging Recycling and other Recycling Materials Selection at Source.
- Awareness Campaign and Monitoring and Control plan of activities.
The Municipal Plan includes a detailed study of objectives, activities, performance targets, costing of proposed actions and project time schedule for municipal solid waste management for the various solid waste streams, in order to get approval for financing from the 2014-2020 Attica regional funding program.