The Municipality of Syros - Ermoupolis, the biggest in population municipality of Cyclades, approved the solid waste management Plan, which has been developed by EPTA Environmental Engineers-Consultants according to the provisions of the new “National Waste Management Plan”.
The plan includes a detailed reference of objectives, activities, performance targets, as well as proposals for alternative sites for the new infrastructures. The Plan includes also costing and timetable of the proposed measures.
The most important waste management measures proposed are the following:
· Implementation of a green point and several small collection points for recyclable materials
· Implementation of solid waste treatment plant
· Bio-waste and Green waste separate collection as well as home composting.
· Waste prevention & re-use activities
· Separate collection of packaging waste and other recyclable materials.
· Separate collection of Bulky waste and Construction & Demolition Waste.
· Implementation of an awareness campaign and monitoring plan